Occasionally words of profound wisdom come from the mouths of babes. I searched and couldn’t discover who collected these, but they are priceless. A few of the more humorous ones are posted first; the last ten are life lessons we should all be learning.
These made me smile:
- When your mom is mad at your dad, don’t let her brush your hair
- Puppies still have bad breath even after eating a tic tac
- Never hold a dust-buster and a cat at the same time
- You can’t hide a piece of broccoli in a glass of milk
- Don’t wear polka-dot underwear under white shorts
These made me smile and think at the same time:
- It’s hard to unlearn a bad word. If you’ve ever hit your thumb with a hammer, you know this is true.
- Ask “Why?” until you understand. We shouldn’t stop asking “why?” just because we “grow up.”
- It’s easier to see the mistakes on someone else’s paper. There is a Bible verse that speaks to this issue! Do you know what it is?
- A pencil without an eraser may as well just be a pen. Always start with a pencil.
- Crawling still gets you there. Remember the tortoise and the hare? Don’t give up.
- If you want someone to listen to you, whisper it. ‘Nuf said!
- Sometimes the best one in the play has the fewest lines. Make your words few and make them count.
- Silence can be an answer. A golden answer.
- If you want a kitten, start out by asking for a horse. Listen up negotiators.
- Don’t say that the “Last One is a Rotten Egg” unless you’re absolutely sure there’s a slow kid behind you. Think before you speak.
I noted the lessons I learned. Now it’s your turn!
Which of these is your favorite and why?
Do you have a favorite that doesn’t appear here?
Does anyone know the Bible verse I was referring to in #3? Hint: There’s something in your eye!
You can leave a comment by clicking here.