Signs are designed to catch our attention. They alert us to danger or promote some product. Some signs, however, defy understanding. The following are signs found in real life:
- On a bag of Fritos: “You could be a winner! No purchase necessary. Details inside.”
- On packaging for a Rowenta Iron: “Do not iron clothes on body.”
- On a Korean kitchen knife: “Warning. Keep out of children.”
- On an American Airlines packet of nuts: “Instructions: Open packet, eat nuts.”
- On a Swedish chain saw: “Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands.”
Wait there’s more! Thanks to Bob Gallagher for reminding me of this post.