Do you ever wish that you could speak with the kind of power that moves people to action? Have you dreamed of writing a book but don’t have a clue where to start?
If you have something to say or something to sell or even if you could use tools to help you focus and plan to make the rest of your life the best of your life, I promise I can help you.
Imagine having the power to move people to take action.
Imagine being able to organize your thoughts to make yourself understood.
Imagine empowering people to change their lives for the better.
Imagine losing the fear that grips you when you have to make a presentation.
Imagine being able to speak at a moment’s notice with power and clarity.
Imagine communicating more clearly with family, coworkers and friends.
You don’t have to imagine anymore!
The Secret that isn’t a Secret!
Every year I get to work with a team of dedicated people who understand a life changing math principle. They are all instructors at The SCORRE Conference where we teach communication skills to people from all over the world. These dedicated people know the principle that has motivated us to do the conference for almost three decades.
Today I opened another e-mail like thousands I have received in the past from someone whose dream it is to establish a career as a speaker/comedian. Most of them ask the same basic question, “How do I get started?”
The dreamers are varied. Many are aspiring comedians or speakers, some are writers or musicians, and some are entrepreneurs. Others are athletes or people who have a unique life experience to share. By e-mailing me, all of them have taken the first step to achieving their dreams. They have asked the question, “how?” The world is full of dreamers, but few who are willing to identify and take action on the steps to make their dreams a reality. Check out these steps to making your dream a reality.
Our Summit for professional speakers and artists is coming up March 12-14. Over the next couple of weeks I want to address some of the valuable information that will be covered as well as some of the questions that will be answered there. One of the questions asked every year is, “Should I seek a publisher for my book or should I self publish?”
Time and space don’t allow me to go into detail in this post. That’s why we developed “The Summit.” There are many more questions and the answers vary depending on your unique situation. I am so grateful that Michael Hyatt, President and CEO of Thomas Nelson Publishing will be giving a presentation at “The Summit” showing us what publishers are looking for. Proof of his leadership qualities is
the fact that he is attending the entire conference to learn what we are looking for.
Take this little true or false test to see if you are prepared to make a publishing decision.\
- If I have a great book and it is published, I will make tons of money.
- People will not buy my book unless I am published by a major publisher.
- There is no advantage to submitting a book to a publisher.
- I can live off the royalties of a good selling book.
- Self publishing is too complicated and too expensive for an amateur to attempt.
- Publishers are only looking to rip you off.
- If I am published, my books will fill the shelves of bookstores.
Here are the short answers to the above questions. For more answers to the questions that are unique to your situation, we will see you at “The Summit”
- Probably false. Unless you visit a “shack,” have the last name, “Warren” or just landed a plane safely on the Hudson River.
- This depends on where and how long you want to live.
- False. If you are regularly performing or speaking in front of audiences, self publishing can be one of the best investments you can make.
- False. The publisher wants you to succeed.
- False. Unless you fulfill the requirements in #5, CSI would probably have a hard time finding your book in the book stores.
Due to the economic crisis we have sliced the price of the Summit in half. For the full scoop, check out “The Summit.“